Sunday 18 September 2011

The Body in Metamorphosis (3)

K: "I've literally got no ideas for this story. Okay, I have a few ideas, but seriously, they are LAME."
M: "You've had no ideas for a while now."
K: "I know."
M: "One of my friends has this reoccurring nightmare that he wakes up and he's middle aged, and he like, lives in the suburbs and has this lame house and these kids, and that is actually his worst fear in real life. Maybe your story is about someone who wakes up in the suburbs."
K: "The suburbs? Maybe..."
M: "Or maybe you should just think of your worst fear and write that."
K: (Pauses) "I'm not sure what my worst fear is."
M: "Then I guess you have some soul-searching to do, don't you?"
K&M: (Laughter)
K: (Brain surge!)

Thanks, Matt... Story now in progress...

2 comments:

  1. Getting an idea is the worst part about writing! It is the hardest part. I just watched "Scenes from the Suburbs" last night, so this made me smile. Although, that is a different interpretation of the suburbs than your friend's I think hahaha. I like your friend's suggestion to write about your worst fear. That would make an excellent free write/story. I love the format of your post also. The dialogue makes it come alive!

    ReplyDelete