Thursday 3 November 2011

Death of a Writer

I am becoming increasingly frustrated with the work that I'm producing in this class. I still haven't been able to write assignment 3. Assignment four has completely defeated me. I tried to force something, it's not working, and I don't know how to make it work. There is nowhere for me to go with this story, as far as I can see, and I have no other ideas. And to be frank, I don't have time to be frustrated like this.

I'm abandoning the death story. Apparently my narrator sounds too much like a character I don't know and the entire premise is too similar to a book I haven't read. What's the point in continuing with it? If I can't come up with something fast I won't be handing in assignment 4 at all.

I am completely discouraged.

2 comments:

  1. It's just an assignment. We can't be expected to produce masterpieces each time we are given a writing prompt. Personally, I thought the premise was awesome—Death feeling empathy for the lives he's taking. I think the voice was appealing to everyone in the class. Shove it in a drawer, go sip on a Peppermint Mocha, whip out your fountain pen and write something totally unrelated to school. Or do whatever you want... but that's what I'd do.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I SO hear you, Kellington. If it would make you feel better, I have a very shitty story I've been working on for four weeks that might cheer you up. And the Death story was good. Do not abandon. I repeat, do not abandon. Just wait until this Tuesday. I'm pretty sure that whatever I submit will make you feel good about everything you have ever submitted or will ever submit in the future. In fact, I'm procrastinating writing it right now!

    ReplyDelete