Thursday 24 November 2011

Lalala Human Steps

However, in good standard fashion, I think I will post a video about the body as well.

You know how we've been talking about writing the body, and the way the body is used to say particular stuff in a story? Well, here is that made literal - the body telling the story, i.e. Dance, the body as narrative.

I don't really understand dance, nor do I understand how I am meant to interpret it, the things I am supposed to look for in order to find the story in the dance, but one of my bestest fwends is a dancer, and he showed me this video - Wow. Just check it out.




Part of me has always wished that I could dance, but I'm clumsy and chubby; I tell my stories other ways. Still, you have to admire the skill here.

Is writing ever like a dance? I wonder.

1 comment:

  1. Wow. Haunting. The next time my daughter complains about going to dance class, I'm going to show her this video for inspiration. The girl in this video looks like a piece of paper from the side; I, like Kelly, have to USE paper, rather than BE paper in telling my stories.

    ReplyDelete